We hear this MES System question a lot. “Is there a way for me to view my plant MES system from home or from my smart phone?”
Senior Electrical Engineer’s Response
The easiest solution to viewing this data on a PC outside of the plant would be to set up some type of “remote” capability to the PC that is monitoring the data within the plant. This can be done with pcAnywhere, LogMeIn, etc.
As for viewing the data on a smart phone, there may be apps available for purchase that will allow those same “remote” capabilities as well.
Coordination with the network administrator will likely be necessary in order to establish a connection to a PC inside the plant from outside the plant with any device.
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Patti Engineering to Showcase Electronic High Striker Game, Powered by MindSphere, at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo in Orlando, FL October 15-18, 2018
- Tennessee Valley Authority Dam Spillway Controls
- Siemens Statue of Liberty Rescue Elevator
- Oetiker S5 to S7 PLC Upgrade
- Men's Wearhouse Garment Sortation