Lathrup Village is only allowed a certain amount of sewage flow, so two 1 million gallon retention tanks are utilized on an as-needed basis to hold excess sewage during periods of high sewer flow (high rain or snow melt). The hardware and software used to control the retention tanks were obsolete and outdated. Lathrup Village was having trouble getting service on the older equipment.
The outdated electrical hardware and software was replaced to improve system functionality, reliability, serviceability and allow for remote monitoring/control. Upgrades included PLC replacement (PLC2 to PLC5), HMI replacement, control valves replacement, PID controllers replacement, HMI server/workstation installation, remote monitoring radios installation, complete system calibrations and system functionality was expanded and enhanced. Patti Engineering provided turn key services – project management, electrical engineering, hardware design, hardware procurement, software development, installation, calibration, start-up testing/ verification, documentation, training and warranty support. The system consisted of Allen Bradley PLC5, HMI workstation, ABB PID controllers, Siemens valve controllers and Phoenix Contact RF radios.
The Village is now able to utilize its system. This is a tremendous boost in their ability to provide premier customer service to their taxpayer base.
- Siemens Solution Partner Patti Engineering to Co-Present Seminar at Craft Brewer Conference in Denver April 10, 2019
- Siemens Solution Partner Patti Engineering to Host Seminars At Manufacturing In America Symposium In Detroit March 20-21, 2019 At Ford Field
- Introducing CNC Predictive Maintenance MindSphere App
- Tips for Working with Legacy Technology On Site
- Patti Engineering to Exhibit at ‘Manufacturing in America’ in Detroit, Sharing Siemens Integration Expertise March 20-21, 2019